Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Pursuit of Happiness

In an ideal world, every child would have a happy childhood; a memorable teenage life; an excellent job; a perfect counter-part; forever lasting parents and ultimately no worries in life.

In reality, a person's life is never perfect. People who are born in this world, bears a certain responsibility to the world. It is their fate, and their destiny, to uphold such responsibility to not only the society, but to themselves.

Now close your eyes and ponder..... who are you responsible to?
Just yourself or another?

In our early ages of life, we tend to think of ourselves more often than we do. It is unavoidable as there is nothing to protect nor care for in our life except ourselves then. It is when we grow older do we start to realize that there are more to life than our little world of ours. We can't neglect the fact that there are people who we need to care for and people who awaits our support. We as individuals have to play our part and responsibility in trying to provide those without expecting anything back. This is a heavy responsibility. And at times, it defeats us in many circumstances. However, it is because of a certain sense of responsibility that we overlook at those times of sadness and overcome it with a heart of pride and joy.

As a person myself, I too have my own little requirements in life. Things that I can accept and things I cannot. However, not everyone is similar to us. Others have their own little perspective in life. Why can't we be open about one another requirements and live with compromise. All I can do sometimes is be patient. I have a responsibility not only for one life, but a number. I never complain when things get rough. I never retreat nor change my principle. We as a person only can give so much. Its not selfish, its not injustice, its the way it is. I have a responsibility. I dont have a perfect family, I dont have a wealthy one either. All I have is a will to uphold my responsibility in order to keep everyone happy. At times, I do breakdown. I can't uphold this stance forever. For I am still a man who isn't perfect to the eyes of other people or god himself. All I ask from god in every prayer is to give me strength... strength to continue on my journey of joy, pain, love and responsibility, for I am responsible for myself but also to others. I never complain the weight of my burden, nor do I see it as a burden. Its not that I'm being force to do it, its more as I want to.... and the reason why is because.....

of my responsibility of love to the pursuit of happiness in everyone's lives.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A message from Life of A Normal Guy ~ To those responsible for another, I know its hard, but hanging in there, and let the fruits bear
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home