Sunday, March 30, 2008

I believe, do you ?

A story about trust, might sound boring. A story of my life trust might sound meaningless. So I'll tell you a story about something that inspires. And it starts with a man being stranded on an island far far away from civilization.....

Chapter 1 - Realization

A simmer of light came out from the darkness of my sight.

"Where am I ?" I asked myself....

The taste of the salty ocean was around my lips and sipping into my tongue.

"What happened?" I asked myself again.....

As I awoke, I hear the ocean waves of the sea and started to feel the cold ocean water sipping
between my shivering knees. I was lost....

"Had I lost my memory..? " again I asked....

I wandered to the shores of the hot burning sun, and came to realize that I was stranded. Stranded alone on an island surrounded by a vast ocean sea which isolated the island from civilization and outside communication.

I had no where to go. I had no one to turn. I was lost. Lost in the middle of this infinite sea.

Chapter 2 - Loneliness

It has been two week since I've come to this island. No signs of life was apparent here. No animals. No peoples. Just no one......

Everyday I have struggled to find food. I tried to lite a fire. I tried to hunt for fishes. I tried catching birds. I tried everything to survive. But to no avail in these past 2 weeks could I have had a decent cooked meal on the island.

For the past 2 weeks I have been just eating cocunut meat and its milk. That was my only source of food. And it was not many left could I use to consume them. I was running short of food and water. I'm come to a term that I'm going to die here one day of hunger. I was not in control in anything. The only thing I had in control was to live or die.

Chapter 3 - Suicide

Standing on a cliff so high as the empire state building, I had gotten a few shards of branches together to make a rope for me to hang myself and stop my misery on this dreadful island. It was a very high cliff and a long long way down. As I put the rope around my neck, I paused. Thinking was it all worth it. The pain, the agony, the instinct to survive and keep breathing.....

And when all was lost, I looked up at the ocean sunrise, and there it was... the big yolk of life. Unpredictable. Mysterious and yet beautiful. There is more to life than the luxuries I have once had. And with all these gone, not only have I lost my sense of pride in living, but also my pride in surviving.

I was worst off than an animal. At least, they strive to survive no matter what! And me, a human, with all smarts and hands to operate tools and hunt, coundn't even have the will to survive....

"What have i become ?", I sigh.....

Chapter 4 - Hope

A year has past since my near suicidal experience. I have learned how to make a fire, avoid the unpredicting weather of the sea, and also created tools for survival. It was a vast improvement. It was all in the name of survival. I had started to wandered the island to look for other source of water. I used coconut shells to store rain water. I used broken rocks as knives to cut, and collected branches from trees to make ropes to build a home.

It was a tough year. I haven't been speaking to anyone since. I was getting lonely and depressed, and at times started talking to myself. Do I have schizophernia ? I'm not sure, but it sures cut the bore out of me.

I knew that I was going to be on this island for a long long time, and I better prepare for the worst to come. I didn't want to die here, and had people I wanted to see. The people I love. The people I adore, and the people that I want to be with. I had to survive. No matter what. I built rescue signs, massive fires and etc. However, it has been a hard 1 year since I saw any plane nor ship. But I never gave up.....

Chapter 5 - Reminisence

At night, I tend to be weak in mind and heart. I start to wonder what my loved ones are doing, and why haven't they ask a search rescue for me. Have they thought that I was dead. Did they forget about me already? What happened to them?

I have long forgotten the touch of a woman.... I have long taste the bitterness of grounded coffee... I have long felt love from anyone. I'm all alone. Ever so alone. Alone that is scares me sometimes. So scared, that I wonder would I probably be the only person in this world.....

"Where is everyone? Where are you guys? Find me... please..."

Chapter 6 - The End

Decades have passed... I have long been forgotten. Here I lay in the sand of time, covered in dust and specks of sands. Here I lie, and never to move again. I sacrificed it all. To survive, I believed in my self. I believe and kept on believing. Although I know I'm going, my tracks would be left embedded in the sand. Never to forget, never would be forgotten.

I have moved on and learn. Accepting the fact that I would never be found, and ever to be forgotten....

Chapter 7 - Conclusion

As I was slowing drifting to unconsciousness, I kept believing. Never to give up. Not till the very last second of a heart beat. As I was to move on, a spark of light suddenly shun upon the high blue sky. It was so bright, that it felt like a thousand sun. It was blinding .....I couldn't see.... what has happened.....

As I start to awake, a blurry picture of a person resembling my love appeared. I could hear her voice. I could smell her odour. It was coming clear....it was her. It was my love.... where was I? What happened ?

"My Love......(i smiled), you found me...."

A week later I was told that I was in a comma for years. I was involved in an accident and was considered as good as dead. But my love, never gave up on me, and kept me going. She believed in me. She never left me. She had always known I would never give up. She waited.......

It was the first time in my life, that I feel loved. I cherish the moment and will never forget what I been through. I felt happy that I had never give up. Never giving up my life. Never giving up believing in my loved one. I made it through, and it was through this believe that brought me here today.

So don't give up and continue to survive. The path of survival is nothing more than an imaginative journey which tries to bring you down. Continue on this journey, and it will make you stronger. Its hard physically, emotionally and mentally. But at the end, you will find true happiness in a realised end.

2 Comments:

Blogger Charlene said...

I believe too. Love ya baby!

5:47 AM  
Blogger xiaokeli said...

GUESS WHAT. I READ YOUR STORY.

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home